1. Inquiry Form - Please submit this form before beginning the application.
2. Application Form - This form requests family and student biographical information and is to be completed by the parent/guardian.
3. After you complete the application, you will receive an email requesting:
Copy of most recent report card
Copy of most recent financial information (W-2 or Tax Form 1040)
A recent school photo of the student (or similar)
4. Two Teacher Recommendations - These forms are to be filled out by your child's current teacher and another faculty member who has worked closely with the student. This form will be sent to the email addresses provided on the completed application.
5. Schedule a Shadow Day - Shadow Days are held on Wednesdays and Thursdays during the academic year. Your child will be matched up with a student in a similar grade level. Half of the day will be spent attending classes and the other half will be dedicated to MAP Testing and an Interview. All the documentation must be received prior to attending the Shadow Day.
6. MAP Testing - Measures of Academic Progress test is a standardized test which will compare the applicant's academic progress with national norms in language usage, reading, and mathematics.
7. Essay - A writing prompt will be given to the applicant during the MAP Test session.
8. Interview - There will be an interview with both the applicant and family where a variety of questions will be asked to gauge the applicant's readiness for Covenant Preparatory School and the family's commitment to supporting both the school and the student. The interview will be conducted by members of the school administration and teaching faculty at 4pm at the end of the Shadow Day.